Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Beginning

I read about a new cooking booked called The Cake Book by Tish Boyle in Cooking Light magazine. Before I go on, I would like to add that there is nothing "Light" about The Cake Book.  

Cooking Light's description from the: "Boyle demonstrates her complete and utter mastery of all things cakey, and she gets right down to the business of making exceptionally precise cakes, icings, fillings, and garnishes. Her straightforward, no-nonsense style will appeal to the busy (and serious) baker. And while the cookbook is comprehensive and encouraging, you won't be wading through sentimental accounts of her first baking experience with grandma." (Cooking Light)

For some reason the description and the photo of the book caught my interest.  I've always been a cake lover. Light fluffiness covered in creamy frosting - really, I don't see where anyone could go wrong. But the cakes I've made have always come from a box of Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. As I've gained more experience in my own kitchen, I've realized that there isn't anything you eat anywhere that you can't make in your own kitchen. And nine times out of ten, it's better when you make it from scratch.

So why not cake?



I put the book on my Christmas wish list. And here we are.

My goal is to make a cake every week. I'm gonna try!

Thanks for reading!

Jodi

No comments: